1 year old
Valentine's Day Love Bug Craft08:30
We are hooked on love bugs! They are just so cute and we can make them in so many different ways, so today we used egg cartons to make the sweetest little love bugs.
What you'll need:
- egg carton
- red and pink paint
- paint brushes
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- heart stickers
- pom poms
We started by cutting up the egg carton. First I cut it in half so that each of the children had a row of three egg cups. Then I asked them if they wanted to make a long bug or small bugs. Ethan chose to make one long love bug, and Ivy chose three small ones. Then I gave them each a paint brush and let them paint their bugs red and pink all over.
Once the paint was dry I set out a tray for each of them with lots of different craft supplies to decorate their love bugs. I gave them pipe cleaners, googly eyes, pom poms and heart stickers as well as some glue to stick them on.
I used the scissors to make holes in the top of the egg cartons to put the pipe cleaner antennas through. I made the holes for safety reasons, but threading the pipe cleaners through the holes was great for the kids fine motor skills.
They really enjoyed decorating their love bugs with the pom poms and stickers to make their own little creations. They are great little Valentine's Day decorations and would make cute gift toppers or even attached to cards.
This post is part of a Valentine's Day blog hop of fun ideas!
1. Love Coupons from KiddyCharts
2. Valentine Fine Motor Sensory Bin from Adventures Of Adam
3. Love Bug Craft from Play & Learn Everyday
4. Love Tot Pack from Kori at Home
5. Books About Love from Learning by Design
6. Doodle Heart Painting from Flash Bugs Studio
7. Painted Heart Garland for Preschoolers from Craft Create Calm
8. Fingerprint Heart Art from Teach Beside Me
9. DIY Friendship Love Bracelet from Living Ideas
10. 6 Simple Date Ideas from Great Googa Moogas
11. Fingerprint Heart Keepsake from Messing Little Monsters
12. Book Review - 5 Love Languages from MissJaimeOT
13. Newspaper Heart Garland from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
14. Sign Language Love Artwork from Pray Species
15. Geeky Valentine's day Chocolates from Two Married Geeks
16. Sweet Hearts to Sew from Coloured Buttons
17. Valentines invitation to Play from My Bored Toddler
18. Valentine's day Tracing Worksheets from Living Life and Learning
19. Using mindmaps and thinking routine to explore the concept of love from Smart Tinker 20. Foil Heart Painting from Crafts on Sea
21. Free Valentine's Day Printable Pack for Preschoolers from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
22. Valentine's Day Game from Books and Giggles
23. Conversation Heart Goop from Raising Little Superheroes
24. Easy Carved Love Stamps for Kids from The Usual Mayhem
25. 14 Days of Love Notes from There's Just One Mommy
26. 7 Healthy Ways to Show Your Family LOVE This Valentine’s Day from Shrinking Momster
27. Sandy Hearts Sensory Play from Simple Fun for Kids
For more fun, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!
Follow Play & Learn Everyday's board Play & Learn Everyday - Crafts and Activities from the Blog on Pinterest.
Add your Valentine's Links here: