Healthy Birthday Party Snacks07:30
We had Ethan's fire truck themed Fourth Birthday party on the weekend and he had a fantastic time! While I was planning his party I wondered if it would be possible to serve the kids a healthy lunch and snacks from Organix, Fruit Bowl and Kiddylicious, without them really noticing the absence of sugary party treats. Of course we did have cake that was absolutely sugar filled as I'm not one to mess with that tradition, but with that as the treat at the end I thought that I might just be able to get away with it.
I served three different types of sandwiches (ham, cheese and peanut butter) all cut into fire truck shapes, most on regular bread and some on gluten free bread for those who are gluten intolerant. There was a selection of vegetables all in fiery colours to go with the theme; cherry tomatoes, orange peppers, carrots and yellow peppers. I also prepared a selection of fruit in the same colour scheme; strawberries, tangerines, cantaloupe melon and pineapple. There was also some Babybel cheeses, bread sticks and hummus to dip.
Then for the treats, we had so many fantastic snacks for the kids to choose from that they never would have known that they were all healthy!
- Kiddylicious Tropical Fruit Wiggles
- Organix Goodies Apple & Orange Mini Oaty Bites
- Organix Goodies Spicy Tomato Stars
- Organix Goodies Alphabet Biscuits
- Organix Goodies Farm Animal Biscuits
- Organix Goodies Raisins
- Fruit Bowl Strawberry Flakes
- Fruit Bowl Raspberry School Bars
- Fruit Bowl Strawberry Peelers
- Fruit Bowl Jungle Shapes
- Fruit Bowl Sea Shapes
- Fruit Bowl Frollipops - Strawberry Rockets
- Fruit Bowl Fruity Fingers